Student Advisor - Across the Pond Canada
- Position: Student Advisor
- Company: Across the Pond Canada
- Location: Home based position. Preferred locations: Ontario (particularly Toronto/GTA), Alberta, or British Columbia
- Reporting to: Manager of Across the Pond Canada
- Date: 1 August 2019
- Type: Full-Time Consultant Contract
The student advisor role at Across the Pond is one of the most vital roles of the entire company. Every day, the advisor works with students who are interested in studying in the UK, helping them research their options amongst UK universities and make the strongest application possible. This home-based position will at times require extended periods of unsociable hours and weekend work. The advisor should expect extensive travel during parts of the year (particularly the autumn and spring).
It is the primary purpose of the student advisor to help as many students as possible research and apply to Across the Pond’s partner universities, with the ultimate aim of increasing enrolment at our partner universities.
The position holder is responsible for day-to-day work with an extensive portfolio of students who are interested in studying in the UK. Communication with students will primarily be via email; you will occasionally need to be available via phone, Skype or in person. The student advisor must always respond to all student enquiries within two business days, except in exceptional circumstances as notified by management. The advisor will be working towards monthly and annual targets set by management. The position holder is also responsible for raising brand awareness of Across the Pond and its partner institutions.
The following required responsibilities, skills, qualities, and essential functions are applicable to this role:
- Working with potential applicants throughout the entire research and application process, until final departure for the UK
- Advise students on suitable partner universities and programs based on students’ academic and professional skills, experience, and ambitions
- Maximize conversion rates and work towards achieving and exceeding individual and company enrolment targets
- Responsible for data entry of enquiries and student applications
- Ensure that e-mail enquiries are managed effectively on a daily basis, aiming to answer all emails within two business days, except during exceptional circumstances as notified or approved by management
- Ensure all voicemails and phone calls are responded to within 24 hours (during work days)
- Ensure that student follow up, management procedures and systems are adhered to (such as e-mailing all students within 24 hours of a school presentation or event)
- Ensure that the highest levels of customer service standards are met and, whenever possible, exceeded
- Visiting schools, universities, colleges and attending events (such as education fairs, workshops, pre-departure meetings and UK university visits, etc.) in Canada
- Delivering presentation(s) and information about studying in the UK at above events/visits
- Provide support to the team and Manager as required
- Willingness and ability to undertake extended periods of domestic and international travel, and, at times, unsociable hours and weekend work
- Networking with and being a point of contact for in-country school/college counsellors
- Communicating with Across the Pond and CLFA university partners and admissions staff
- Managing student documents according to Across the Pond and CLFA guidelines
- Maintaining confidentiality of student, Across the Pond, and CLFA information, complying with GDPR and CASTL laws
- Performing other duties as assigned
Essential Professional Skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to multi-task and perform well under pressure
- Customer focus and attention to detail
- Experienced in working in a proactive, rather than reactive manner
- Excellent time management and an ability to meet established deadlines
- Meticulous forward-planning
- Experience studying in the UK, preferably a full degree program, and a passion for helping others do the same
- Strong knowledge of Canadian and UK Education systems
- Able to work independently without direct supervision for long periods of time
- An intermediate knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to meet established targets and work in a target driven environment
- Must possess outstanding communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Ability to respond in a timely manner to the needs and requests of others internally and externally
- Ability to determine tasks, set priorities and goals, manage multiple projects with strong attention to detail, handle interruptions, maintain focus on tasks and produce accurate work
- Ability to make consistent decisions that resolve problems appropriately
- Ability to effectively work in a team atmosphere
- Requires repetitive movement, sitting, face-to-face discussions with individuals or teams
- Use of electronic mail, telephone conversations, contact with others (face-to-face, by telephone, or otherwise)
- Requires the ability to make decisions without supervision
- Freedom to determine tasks, priorities, and goals
- Repeating the same physical activities or mental activities over and over
- Being exact or highly accurate, conscientious
- Requires meeting strict deadlines
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Responsible and reliable
- A high level of initiative
- Continuous improvement and self-development
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Valid Driver’s License
- Experience studying in the UK
- Typing speed of 65+ wpm
What our current team enjoys about working for Across the Pond:
- Flexibility and Independence: While there will be required meetings, deadlines, and events, your day-to-day work schedule is often up to you as long as you fulfill your obligations.
- Small team atmosphere: Across the Pond is growing, but each branch is small enough that you can really get to know your colleagues.
- The people: Our team has been fortunate to meet all kinds of wonderful people, ranging from students to university representatives and our ATP colleagues.
- Travel opportunities: There are chances to travel within Canada and also to the UK. It’s a great way to stay connected to the UK even after graduation!
- Being in the international education sector: The sector provides opportunities to meet people of diverse backgrounds and experiences - you’ll always be learning!
- Learning opportunities: As Across the Pond is a growing company, there are opportunities to learn new skills. We encourage employees to express interest in different aspects of the company.
ABOUT ACROSS THE POND
Across the Pond is an internationally established company in the Higher Education recruitment sector. Since 2004, we have achieved significant success and an enviable reputation among students and British universities alike. We annually send thousands of applications to our 50+ university partners from students in Norway, USA, Canada, Mexico, Chile, and Colombia.
We assist students with applications for a large variety of academic programmes. Popular subjects include Physiotherapy, Law, and Psychology, but we can also help students apply for subjects like Medieval Studies, Fashion Photography, and Automotive Engineering - there’s an opportunity in the UK for nearly everyone!
How to Apply
Please complete the application here. You will be able to upload your cover letter and resume/CV to the application.
On the application, please indicate whether you would like to be considered for a role at Across the Pond or Canada Law from Abroad (or if you’d be happy to be considered for both opportunities).
If you have questions, please email Leah Rogers at firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is MAY 31ST.
Interviews will take place on a rolling basis (as applications are received) from May 13th. The final decision will be made in June, with the required start-date being late July 2019 (exact dates TBC), when you must be available to attend training week (location TBC-most likely to be located in Ontario or the East Coast of the USA).