University of Exeter
The University of Exeter is member of the prestigious Russell Group of research intensive universities, and combines academic excellence and world-leading research with stunning campuses in the most beautiful part of th
Law at Exeter is ranked in the Top 80 in The Times World University Rankings 2019, and in recent years has cemented their reputation for excellence in teaching and research; they are 12th in the Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019 and their global reputation is growing rapidly. The University of Exeter Law School is an ambitious, dynamic and friendly law school delivering a first class legal education, offering some of the most sought after law courses in the UK. The Law School provides a cosmopolitan teaching environment attracting students, staff and visiting scholars from around the world.
The portfolio of degrees and extra-curricular activities, such as mooting, pro bono work, study tours and work placements, offer unrivalled opportunities to gain invaluable legal experience both at home and abroad and promise to offer a unique experience in, as well as out of, the classroom.
The flexible graduate programmes have been specifically designed to respond to the needs of law firms, barristers’ chambers, and other employers for subject specialists. You will be encouraged to take a fresh perspective, to think independently and solve problems – all the attributes of a good lawyer.
Exeter's researchers’ specialist interests collectively encompass a wide range of legal fields. There is an established research history in Family Law, Legal History and European Law; in addition the University is also rapidly growing strengths in international and comparative law, human rights, intellectual property and commercial law.
The Law School's location within the College of Social Sciences and International Studies enhances the vigorous research culture and study environment. There is a number of Research Centres, both across specialist fields and in interdisciplinary areas:
- Bracton Centre for Legal History Research
- Centre for Commercial and Corporate Law
- Centre for European Legal Studies
- Network on Family Regulation and Society
- Science, Culture and the Law at Exeter (SCuLE)
- Human Rights and Democracy Forum
- Exeter Centre for International Law
Formed in 2016, the Canadian Law Student Society aims to be a resource both for current Canadian students studying law at Exeter, as well as a networking tool for Canadian alumni who have graduated. They are in the process of planning a range of useful academic/professional events, and fun social events for society members. Skype sessions with the NCA and LLM programs in Canada, as well as recent Exeter graduates who are now back in Canada, will be hosted throughout the year. They are also setting up a buddy/mentor system for new students coming to Exeter. Furthermore, they look forward to meeting members at the Freshers’ Week and Thanksgiving socials that will be held in the fall term.
University of Exeter Facts
- Number of students at the university: 23,613 (2018/19)
- Number of international students: 4,555 (2018/19)
- Tuition fees for the upcoming cycle (using the starting fee for international student per year): £18,500
- Accommodation cost (using the lowest weekly amount, on campus): – Self-catered (44 weeks) £75.84, Catered (32 weeks) £170.47
- Location of university: Exeter, England
- Number of inhabitants in town/city: 128,900
- Nearest Airport: Heathrow Airport (direct flights from Canada)
- Scholarships: University of Exeter has a number of subject-specific scholarships. Contact your advisor for up-to-date information.
My Canadian Law From Abroad advisor went above and beyond in assisting me in applying for (and being accepted by) the University of Exeter.
NinoRead in full...
This was a great asset to applying outside of the country and I would definitely recommend this site and organization to any of my friends who do want to study in the UK.
Kimberly S.Read in full...
The Canada Law From Abroad Team is touring Canada!
We will be traveling across the country in late February and early March, accompanied by representatives from our partner universities.
To find out when we will be in your city, check out our Events and Webinars page. We are taking pre-registrations, so make sure to register your interest in the event you want to attend! We hope to see you there!